I bought this a while ago. I will not recommend it highly but it is a usable and cute TC considering its size but there are some caveats and some surprising pluses that I will walk through
- The mounting rear end has two legs similar to the auto 110 lens but one side is noticeably shorter and hence the mounting will give a lot of play. It is a big minus if you want to hold the lens still while focusing.
- The adapter has an extra aperture hole that seem to stop down the lens
- smaller aperture in the inner plate
- shorter leg on the TC on left that gives problems of insecure mounting. It may be fixable with some work
- TC mounted with Pentax Auto 110 70mm f/2.8
- TC next to Pentax Auto 110 50mm f/2.8
Few test shots with 70mm f/2.8 -- very casual test shots with some motion blur due to low shutter
More pictures in flickr set
I find the secure mounting issue to be a problem as it makes focusing harder when the lens is not mounted securely with the TC. It will be nice if I find a way to extend the shorter leg to get it securely mounted onto the auto 110 to NEX adapter.
- Sony NEX 5N
- Pentax Auto 110 18mm pan focus f/2.8
- Pentax Auto 110 24mm f/2.8
- Pentax Auto 110 70mm f/2.8
- Hin's Camera Gear