@200mmI find it a challenge to take photos of my two boys at all times. They move around quickly and as soon as they notice that I am taking photos on them, they played hike and seek with my camera. When I get their attention, they usually make up the funny faces to deter my photo taking.
I tend to have more pictures of my younger boy as he cooperates a bit better than his brother. I always fall short in skills in taking pictures of my boys -- a bummer for sure but a good challenge to have as a amateur photographer. I find the Tamron 70-300 Di LD Macro quite suitable for outing with kids. It is similar in IQ to Pentax DA 50-200 but with longer range and a great macro 1:2. I like the zoom range from 70mm to 150mm to work with my boys so that I can stay far enough from my boys to avoid their attentions.
Impressions & Notes:
- Lens really sharp throughout the range of 70 to 200mm
- Ideal for my need in going to park, hiking, and enjoy outdoor activity with my boys
- I up ISO to 200 and 400 in K10D for a faster speed to catch up with my boys' movement
- I have a tendency in forgetting filled flash to avoid shadows
- I default f/8.0 to avoid PF
- Going Green in Blogging
- Thoughts on Pentax DA 50-200 f/4.0-5.6
- Tamron 70-300 Di LD Macro
- Tamron 70-300 Di LD Macro on Flowers
- Tamron 70-300 Di LD Macro on Bugs
- Tamron 70-300 Di LD Macro on Birds In Flight
- Purple Fringe Free Tool
- Hin's Camera Gear