The Program Plus camera body seems to be mint cosmetic condition but it misses the focusing screen. And I tested the A 50 f/1.7 one evening in dining out in Niko Sushi. The size of A 50 mm f/1.7 is very similar to the M 50mm f/1.7 but they look cosmetically very different.
Impressions & Notes
- The magical TC turns my A 50 f/1.7 into a partial AF 85mm f/2.8.
- Bokeh is not bad at all
- 85mm is too long a focal length for food shot but the A 50 mm f/1.7 does very well for indoor. Pictures are sharp even when the TC is added and color and contrast are still good in the combination. I expect better color contrast and CA when the Pentax F-1.7x TC is not used
- The combo works out quite well for me with partial AF, I call it my FA 85mm f/2.8
- Many others have noted the better sharpness in 50mm f/1.7 as compared to f/1.4, I tested all test photos in f/2.8 and sharpness are quite good even in indoor setting.
- Pentax F-1.7x AF TC
- Pentax M 50mm f/1.7 -- pancake clones
- Pentax FA 50 mm f/1.4
- Sushi Lens
- Hin's Camera Gear