I have been Komine focus when I look for lens. After having been blessed with Komine 135mm f/2.8 1:2 Close Focusing lens, I am intrigued to see a copy of Komine 200mm f/3.5 in K mount. This 200mm looks very much like my 135mm in the build and design. I especially like the lens with a built in lens hood. When I test the lens with Pentax F-1.7x AF TC that turns this manual focus lens into partial auto focus, I can see the lens quite sharp in the test pictures. I will test it more when I find time.
Test Shots with F-1.7x AF TC:
Impressions & Notes:
- Lens is reasonably sharp wide open
- With Pentax F-1.7x AF TC, this lens has been a good 340mm tele that I can use to picture on Hummingbirds and the combined tele-lens is very much hand-holdable
- Focusing ring is smooth and provide great precisiion and damping for manual focusing
- Built in lens hood come in veyr handy
- I find it a bit heavier than the similar Pentax M 200mm f/4.0 but for the Komine Frenzy that I am in, I prefer this 200mm. In fairness, the Pentax M 200mm f/4.0 is very close in IQ to this lens, both are sharp wide open but I think the Pentax may do better in terms of color and contrast.
- When used with Pentax F-1.7x TC, PF/CA is seen in some of the test shots