I am back to the full circle in getting yet another Macro lens. This time is a repeat for the Sigma 105mm f/2.8 1:1 DG Macro. I have the non-DG macro before and I am attracted to its build and color and when I see a used copy with the DG one, I fall for the purchase again.
And since I love my Tamron 90mm f/2.8 1:1 non-Di so much in both macro and portrait in 90mm, I would have a hard time later on in justifying the duplicate purchase. But I have to say the Sigma 105mm is as good as you can get for a Macro that is about $300 dollars. I am a bit disappointed with the change in the storage case. The previous non-DG storage case is way better than the nylon pouch.
I have not fully tested the lens but so far test images have been positive and MF is very easy with this lens. I can hardly pick one over the other in terms of MF. AF is a bit faster in the Tamron. Both have focal limiters and it make tele lens purpose easier. But the turning nob in Tamron is preferred over the Sigma
- Sigma 105mm f/2.8 Flower Test Shots
- Sigma 105mm f/2.8 Portrait Test Shots
- Sigma 105mm f/2.8 On Spiders
- Sigma 105mm f/2.8 1:1 Macro non-DG
- Tamron 90mm f/2.8 1:1 Macro non-Di
- Vivitar 100mm /f2.8 1:1 Macro by Kiron and Pentax K-x
- Lester A Dine 105mm f/2.8 1:1 Macro
- Pentax K 100mm f/4.0 1:2 Macro
- Pentax A 50mm f/2.8 1:2 Macro
- Vivitar 135mm f/2.8 1:2 Close Focusing from Komine
- Kenko 2x Teleplus 1:1 Macro Teleconverter
- Hin's Camera Gear