- three puppies licking my lens in turn
- they played tug of war on my camera bag
- they ran to greet strangers by the minute
- they laid low on their head
- they out-run me with a camera in the green lawn
There has not been a similar time that I felt under-equipped in both skills and gear. I was frustrating at first with the AF.S on center focal point (my default), and then I moved to AF.C and and tried between the selective focal point and that of the camera predictive focusing -- the one on left on K20D. I was overwhelmed with the lack of my experience and how the AF performs on the running puppies. And I totally forget to skip the AF and go directly into manual focus, I should have tried that but I was not confident in my manual focusing timing and accuracy for moving objects.
Some of the puppy shots, many are deleted due to errors of focusing and blur. I picked Pentax DA* zoom for the job instead of my normal portrait zoom with Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8