to cover a focal range from 10mm to 300mm. And the Tamron zoom is always dependable in terms of sharpness and good close up for flowers.
Impressions & Notes
- Quite good for traveling due to lighter weight
- A good range only the Pentax DA 55-300mm will beat.
- The close up for flowers and squirrel always come as a big plus for me in traveling
- Speed is a bit limiting
- What is annoying for me is the occasional fringing, mostly purple and sometime green. I see less fringing in K20D as others have suggested, but I mostly avoid it with f/8.0 and smaller apertures.
- Another minor annoyance is the awkward switching back from macro back to normal mode. I switch to MF in body and turn focusing ring into normal focusing range and turn macro to normal switch on lens.