I am accumulating primes with Tamron adaptall-2 hoping to get 17mm, 24mm, and 28mm for wide angle needs with my film bodies. I recently got 51B on the 17mm from another great forum member. It is quite interesting to see a prime with built-in internal filters. I plan to use the 17mm with my film gear and the view is quite wide in the film body. Some LBA product shots to share:
Tamron 17mm 1:3.5 adaptall-2 (51B)
MFD is close to 9" or a bit less than 0.25m
Internal Filters with Normal, 81B, 80B, Y2, Normal
Two snapshot pictures from K20D + 17mm 51B
The Y2 is a yellow filter, I see darkening color in 81B and some other change in 80B. When I asked around for the use of the filter, I learned that 80B and 81B are used for warming effect.
17mm is not wide when used on aps-c camera with my K20D but it is very wide when I put it on my Pentax SuperProgram and Pentax MX and the view is quite spectacular. I noted some distortion in the test shots and I think more use will help. I am hoping for a small sets of mixed primes and zooms to be used with my film gear stepping out of my comfort zone into film where one has to think in composing a picture.
- Tamron SP 17mm f/3.5 (51B) -- this prime
- Tamron 24mm f/2.5 (01B)
- Tamron 28mm f/2.5 (02B)
- Tamron SP 35-80mm f/2.8-3.8 (01A)
All the adaptall-2 have aperture rings and with the adaptall-2 p/k-a adapters, they will work fine in SuperProgram as well as MX for street scenes, candids, close-up and portraits. My nostalgic film experience is my high point with the adaptall-2 lens series. And I can adapt to another system using the same sets of lens for Ricoh xr-p or Nikon F series of 35mm camera. Oh my gosh, I wish I can use them with my 645N camera and I can surely benefit from the adaptall-2 system. With usage in both Pentax film bodies, my Pentax digital bodies with K-x and K20D, and my Praktica MTL5 in M42 mount, I can't complain how adaptable the adaptall-2 system is. Bravos to Tamron who came out with such a great system for ease of adaptation to one's system of their choosing.
- Adaptall-2 site on Tamron 17mm f/3.5 (51B)
- Ken Rockwell hated the adaptall-2 mount
- More to be added as I don't see much in search
- All adaptall-2 related articles
- Tamron SP 17mm f/3.5 (51B) and Ricoh xr-p
- Night Walking Scenes with 51B
- Tamron SP 35-80mm f/2.8-3.8 adaptall-2 (01A)
- Tamron SP 80-200mm f/2.8 adaptall-2 (30A)
- Tamron SP 70-210mm f/3.5 adaptall-2 (19AH) in Gilroy Garden
- Tamron 75-250mm f/3.8-4.5 adaptall-2 (104A)
- Tamron adaptall-2 p/ka adapter
- Hin's Camera Gear