My family did hiking on the same park with Bayfront Park in Palo Alto for two consecutive days and we went on the 2nd time to help my wife looking for her left missing glass fallen off during the hike and we also visited Capitola Art & Wine Festival and had a great time both in the beach and the venues with art display and music events. In both occasions, I had my Pentax K20D with Tamron 200mm f/3.5 adaptall-2 04B and I find the small 200mm very much to my liking for a longer lens that is easy to carry due to its small form factor and smaller size compared to other 200mm that I know. Though it is not fast as in f/2.8, it has plenty to offer as a 200mm lens. This is a non-sp tamron adaptall-2 lens but I don't notice any difference in terms of color and coating.
I absolutely fell in love with the sunset lighting half way through our hiking. My family were ahead of me as I was overwhelmed as usual with the spectacular view that only lasted in minutes before the sun drops below the mountain horizon.
I purposely focused on the branches
I always enjoy running into dog's owner and I always ask for permission to take their dog's pictures. I love dogs and cats and I can't think of a pet that I don't like. But I am sure I will find one. As for Beca's case, it is unique lap dog as she is a lovely female lap for 11 years and she is mellow, kind but very active like a 1 year old. As soon as I learned about the age, I offered my amateur service for free as I would love the dog owner to have more portraits with Beca. And I shot a series with Beca and the photos are on its ways to the owner. They loved the preview of Beca's photos as some of them show a different smile and gesture of Beca. More in this flickr slide-show with Beca. I should have changed lens to the 43mm and had extra for the owner and dog portraits but my family was waiting for me.
This lens works well in music event that allow you to have a compressed view on the performer
And I use this lens to catch up with my family who usually runs ahead of me
Impressions & Notes
- This lens is non-sp in the adaptall-2 lens series
- I find focusing smooth but harder to obtain focus when I use it on film body. Best use of this lens is on a mono-pod
- This is not the sharpest 200mm that I have used but very good in overall performance.
- Best character in this lens lie in its small form factor and lightweight
- It comes with a built in lens hood
- It does have flare issue when aiming directly at the sun but reasonably good otherwise
- Color and depth is great in shooting portraits from a distance. The bokeh is lovely at the right setting especially when background objects are farther apart.
- Great color and contrast that I get from this lens.