It is a sad post to compose as I have always loved my stylish Pentax K-x White. Out of my frustrations with Memory Card Error and Pentax Customer Service during the long repair time, I had resolved to put it up for sale after repair. And I have since sold my beloved white K-x with a stylish red bag. My white K-x is well loved by me and I send the new owner the red bag for free.
To be fair with CRIS and Pentax Customer Service, they did quite a good job in addressing not only the memory card controller issue, they also addressed two cosmetic problems that I reported to them when I sent my K-x in for service. CRIS fixed the broken chrome strip and they replaced the missing red label in the SR logo. Though the wait was long for 5 1/2 weeks, I felt quite satisfied with the repair and have since regained confidence with both CRIS and Pentax. The unexpected longer wait was mostly attributed to back-order of parts from Pentax Japan and it took about 4 weeks for parts delivery from Pentax Japan to CRIS. And I truly hope what happened to me doesn't happen to another Pentax user and that Pentax Japan can take note in improving the back-ordering of parts from Japan to other countries.
Some Farewell Notes On K-x
- I absolutely love the white K-x in terms of style. When I see the Pentax K-r with a partial black body, I find the K-x to be more attractive especially on the white color model.
- It is a great traveling camera with lighter weight and compact form factor. It works wonder in traveling especially when you mount it with small Pentax limited primes as in 15, 21, 35, 40, 43, 70, 77.
- Ever since I got my K-x as a second body, I actually use K-x as my main body and leave my K20D at home. Its high ISO, good image quality, quicker AF makes it a delight to use.
- Its clean high ISO images in 1600 to 3200 win it hand down over my K20D.
- Price! I don't think one can fault its price for a budget camera that can serve well like its other bigger Pentax brothers in K10D, K20D, K7, K5 and K-r.