The tiniest lens that I have ever used
Pentax Auto 110 to NEX adapter on right -- the thinnest
Sony NEX-5N Test shots withPentax Auto 110 24mm f/2.8
#1 The 110 auto lens can do close up
Shot in Rich B&W effect in 5N straight jpg
Impressions & Notes
- It is a fun experience as the Pentax Auto 110 24mm f/2.8 is the smallest among the 110 series of lens. Its filter size is 25.5mm.
- Corner vignette and softness is seen but not too bad especially if you shoot in b&w. It has a naturally looking vignette in the corners.
- Lens are shot wide open as the Pentax Auto 110 to NEX adapter don't have diaphragm control and neither do the Auto 110 lens has any iris. The leaf shutter stays in the Pentax Auto 110 body.
- Shots are shot wide open in f/2.8 without option to control the aperture and it may not be desirable if one want to get the best image quality of one's lenses.
- The Pentax Auto 110 to NEX adapter is the thinnest adapter that I have seen and if you are after the miniature setup, the Pentax Auto 110 is the smallest setup that one can consider.
- The limitation of Pentax Auto 110 lenses when used in NEX 5N lie in the light loss around the corners due to partial coverage of the APS-C sensor and absence of mechanism to stop down the lens aperture.