I purchased this very cheaply in a bundle with a Pentax P5 film camera and it turns out to be a gem in my gear. It is one of my prime that I used frequently for night time street photography and landscape shots. Though the lens is not well built in construction, it is all plastic and light weight. But pictures taken with my Pentax K100D are great with the lens. Lens flare and ghosting are seen in shooting into the sun light and harsh lighting at night. And I am yet to find a lens hood.
- Very inexpensive for wide angle prime at 24mm
- It has the 'A' setting on aperture which is a big bonus for me for manual lens
- Focus ring is half turn and it is great for manual focusing
- Lens flare are seen in shots taken with this lens without a lens hood. I need to add a compatible wide lens hood for 52mm size.
- Quite sharp wide open at f/2.8
- Very light and compact for walk around and street photography
- Filter size is 52mm
- The PK-A/R mount doesn't have the protruding pin like some of the Ricoh lens