Impressions & Notes
- My version is a manual focus lens with SD label for the glass and it comes with 'A' aperture
- Lens is well built in all metal. The Plastic hood is a bit flimsy but works reasonably well.
- Lens has a built in tripod that can be removed.
- Lens is a bit heavy but I find it hand-holdable.
- I can't get satisfactory sharp pictures in wide open aperture. Test shots in f/5.6 to f/8.0 seem to do fine in sharpness. More tests are needed to be sure.
- I have had high expectation on this zoom lens. While I am happy with IQ and color when stopped down, I feel a bit disappointed on its performance wide open.
- Color and sharpness are good when stopped down.
- Zoom ring and focusing ring are good in operation
- I find IQ at 200mm and 150mm seem to vary by noticeable difference on sharpness.
- At f/2.8, I find the need to dial in +1/3 and +2/3 Ev.